Home Today, Sold Tomorrow: Tips for Selling Your Place Quickly
When you want to get the most out of the sale of your property, you’ll have to put in a little work before it goes to market. Between minor home improvements and estimating a goal price, there’s more to selling a home than sticking a sign in the yard.
If you are a parent, then you know you may need to move for sudden job opportunities or another life-changing event. If you find getting your house to market quickly overwhelming, take away your worries and contact the Lodestone Real Estate team to help you.
Home improvements that matter
Your home is an investment that requires constant upkeep to maintain its value. Changing furnace filters, cleaning gutters, draining your water heater, and making small repairs as they pop up go hand-in-hand with homeownership. Even if you tend to these routine concerns, there are a few bigger maintenance issues that should be addressed now so the home inspection doesn’t snag things up later on. Take care of any of these problems so your home is in solid shape before you list it.
- Learn how to identify roof problems and call in experts if necessary for estimates and roof repairs--you might want to get three quotes from three different reputable companies.
- Look for signs of foundation problems in your house and consider what it will cost to remedy them.
DIY your way to a higher price
Once you’ve taken care of the practical and preventative issues, you can begin to tackle a few projects that will make your home more visually appealing to buyers. These projects don’t need to cost you an arm and a leg, and what’s more, you don’t need to be a Bob Vila to accomplish them. Even with just basic skills and tools, there are a lot of DIY projects that can make your home stand out and even command a higher price, including these.
- Here are 40 simple tricks to increase the value of your home by adding a little curb appeal to your house.
- Learn what best interior wall colors improve your resale value.
- Non-painters can turn to wallpaper that’s easy to apply and can make your home splendid.
- Laying floor tile can improve the inside look and value of your home.
Timing is everything
While the condition of your home and how it looks play major roles in your home’s market value, they aren’t all of the determining factors. How much your home sells for also has a lot to do with when you list it. While every housing market is different, keep these expert tips in mind when it comes to listing your home and determining a sale price.
- Be aware of pricing and how to price your home in your market.
- Learn why this is the best time to list your home for sale and get the best price.
Put your best foot forward
You already know that you have to fix small issues, and it might even mean some major repairs. But you may not realize part of selling your home quickly involves playing up its best attributes. This is where home staging comes into play. You don’t need to be an expert to show off your home in the best possible manner! Use these tips to help create an atmosphere that will have shoppers dreaming of making your home their own. In addition, to help from your realtor, you can share your listing on social media adorned with pics that show off your home to its best effect.
- Learn the 6 easy ways you can stage your home and improve its appeal.
- Decluttering your home is important to staging your home.
A well-staged and well-priced home might sell within days, depending on where you live. It’s up to you how much effort you want to put into your property, but remember, a home that is overpriced and not quite show-ready can easily be beat out by the competition. So, roll up your sleeves and get ready to go to work, and you’ll be moving before you know it.
Ready to hit the housing market? Look to professional real estate agents at Lodestone Real Estate for expert guidance! Call (704) 281-0047 for more information.
(Content Contributor: Kristin Louis - Parentingwithkris.com)